What is it?
When the heart beats faster than normal, it is said to have paroxysmal supraventricular tachycardia. It occurs when the heart’s sinus node typically sends electrical signals to tell the heart muscle when to contract. when abnormal electrical pathway causes the heart to beat faster than normal. Episodes of rapid heart rate start in a part of the heart above the ventricles and can last from a few minutes to several hours.
What are the symptoms?
- Chest tightness
- Palpitations (a sensation of feeling the heartbeat), often with an irregular or fast rate (racing)
- Rapid pulse
- Fatigue (tiredness)
- Include potassium rich foods like banana, raisins
- Magnesium rich foods like spinach, Brazil nuts, pumpkin seeds are also beneficial.
- Tuna, salmon, sardines are rich source of omega 3 fatty acids, proved to be effective in lowering the heart rate.
- Garlic is also good for your heart. Consume 2-3 cloves of garlic daily.
- Drink ash gourd juice regularly.
- Include fresh fruits and vegetables and oats in your daily diet.
- Passion flower has a soothing effect and relieves anxiety
- Cut down on alcohol and caffeine.
- Quit smoking
- Do not stress
- Take enough rest
Things to watch out for
In case of mild symptoms (Usually only a rapid heart rate) , consult your GP for examination and further testing In case of severe symptoms( such as dizziness or fainting) , call 000